Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What Are Fathers & Sons Reading?

My father introduced me to some great books and authors:
Kipling, Jack London,Ceaser's Gaul, Bible Stories, Aseop's Fables, The Red Badge of Courage and more. Much of the time, I simply observed what dad was reading. A great deal of the time dad was introducing me to books about character building.

If I could change one aspect of the reading dad introduced me to, it would be an inclusion of books on family founders. Literature about men who built strong families that carried on for generations. In almost every genre there are great opportunities to learn about family. History books, great novels, poetry and short stories abound about family. Literature about the sacrifice family members make for each other.

What are Good Sons reading today? Are fathers and sons discussing great reads? Are fathers stimulating their children to read about family as well as character?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home